Storm Safety Tips
There is some pointer for flood safety tips.
- You can check in Fema with the link (FEMA Flood Map Service Center | Welcome!) to know the flood zones in your area.
- Make an emergency plan with your household. This includes any meeting places and contacting information.
- Make sure you keep all your important documents in a waterproof container.
- Listen to the official when they recommend evacuating.
- It’s recommended to listen to the EAS, NOAA radio or local alerting system for any news pertaining to any dangers or recommendations.
- You should never walk, drive, or swim through any flood water. Also, you should avoid any bridges that are on top of fast-moving water.
- If you happen to be trapped inside of a building that is flooring its advised to move to the highest level and signal for help.
- If you’re in your car and water is surrounding, you should go on the roof of your car but if the water is moving fast it recommended to stay in the car.
- It is always recommended to wait until authorities give you the ok to return
- Ba on the look out while cleaning up for hazards such as electrical wire, mold, and animals.
- If using a generator is should be located outside to prevent any carbon monoxide poisoning