If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 492-2434

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Loss Structure vs Contents

9/9/2021 (Permalink)

When having a fire loss, the insurance policy’s separate structure and contents. This helps the restorers to scope out the loss by separating the structure and contents when estimating. You might be asking yourself what is the difference between structure and contents?  Structure is anything that is considered permanent to the structure.  Some examples included walls, ceiling, floors, cabinets, lighting, and certain appliances (i.e., dishwasher, oven, and stove). The best way to think about structure is anything that was existing before you moved into your residence. The contents are any items that can moved out and taken to another location. Sometimes during a fire loss content will be moved into another area that might not have been structurally damaged. If several rooms have structure damage sometimes the contents are moved into a pod. If there is major structure damage and contents are salvageable storage of contents might be offsite. If you find yourself with a fire claim call SERVPRO of Thousand Oaks at (805) 492-2434.

Other News

View Recent Posts