If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 492-2434

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide

8/15/2019 (Permalink)

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? This is considered a silent killer because you cannot smell but if there are high levels it will be deadly. More than 150 people die accidently from CO poising. The reason carbon monoxide is so harmful when breathed because it causes displaces oxygen in the blood and deprives the heart, brain and other vital organs of oxygen. When large amounts of CO can cause you to lose consciousness and suffocate. There are everyday items that you use that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Its recommended to have your heating system inspected yearly by a train service technician. A portable generator should never be indoors and should be setup outside. Do not use a gas range or an oven for heating. An idling cat that is left running in the garage. If you have any of the following symptoms please seek medical attention headache, fatigue, shortness if breath, nausea and dizziness.  SERVPRO recommends you invest in a carbon monoxide detector to prevent any poisoning.

Other News

View Recent Posts